We can take a fresh look at all aspects of the visitor journey, and audit the experience every step of the way. We adapt human-centred design techniques to study the details that make a difference to visitors, such as wayfinding/signing, display storylines, ticketing, retail, catering and on-line presence.
We can show you how to get to know your visitors in the same way that businesses know their customers. By borrowing research techniques from the commercial sector, we can build up detailed profiles of all existing and potential audiences, their characteristics, interests, values and motivations.
We can help you to:
- Determine what you already know about your audiences and identify future potential and target audiences
- Undertake audience research to fill any knowledge gaps, drawing on a wide variety of methods
- Develop Audience Profiles that record the key information about each audience group. Audience Profiles can be built up as you gather more information and inform decisions and strategic decision-making
- Audit the visitor experience to identify barriers to access and uncover low-cost, immediate improvements
- Plan a development schedule to improve the visitor experience, with phased changes for different budget categories
- Look at particular elements of the visitor journey, such as pre-visit website information, entrances, ticketing or specific displays or galleries. This is particularly useful as part of a re-development plan or for funding bids
- Analyse proposed designs to show the likely impact on visitors – useful for HLF bids/reports, funders, etc.
See our case study on audience research in Museums Practice: